photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

Thoughts Winter Brings to Mind

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

As the weather starts to get colder, I can’t help but think about everything that comes with the season. I have always loved Christmas and snow, but most importantly the family and traditions that follow. After seeing the first snowflake, I am starting to feel the holiday spirit.

Snow Days 

Unlike high school, college snow days are few and far between. But when I see that alert that classes are cancelled, I feel like a kid all over again. I can’t wait to go outside in my scarf and gloves and walk through the inches of snow in my tall boots. Even better, I love watching the snow fall from inside while cuddling up on the couch with a blanket.

Christmas Season

My favorite holiday has always been Christmas, even as a little kid. From cutting down a tree to opening gifts with family Christmas morning, there truly is nothing better. I love baking cookies, decorating the tree, and honestly just spending quality time with my loved ones.

Family Traditions 

What makes Christmas so special is the traditions that come with it. Cutting down a tree, shopping for ornaments, picking out gifts, and baking cookies are just a few that come to mind. I love drinking tea or hot chocolate with my mom and watching whatever Christmas movie is on TV. I am looking forward to spending quality time with my family soon!

As the air gets colder and the radar gets scarier, I can’t help but think of all the wonderful things that come with the holiday season. It’s time to get the mittens and hats out! This cold weather warms my heart and gets me excited for what is to come! Embrace the cold and remember the reason for the season!

HCXO,

Emily

Hey! I’m Emily and I am a senior Communications major at SUNY Oneonta! I love to play flute and tennis, and be with my family and friends! I can’t wait to write more articles this semester, and share them with everyone! 
Hey Everyone! My name is Melissa Viskoc and I'm a Junior here at SUNY Oneonta! I am an early childhood education major and I'm one of the Campus Correspondents for the Her Campus Oneonta chapter. I spend most of my time watching reality tv and just about every crime show there is! I hope you enjoy my articles !