This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

Alex, 

You’re my rock, my part-time therapist, my food critic, & my movie buddy. You’re my favorite hugger & my favorite comedian. Most importantly- you’re my best friend. Over the last two years, we have grown together. We have cried together, laughed together, & survived together. You’ve held my hand through the roughest moments of my life, but also through the scary parts of the horror movies you love to convince me to watch. You’ve held me close during my breakdowns & laughed with me during our (extremely often) tickle fights. You have loved me unconditionally for nearly 730 days. When I didn’t see myself as beautiful, you’ve always been there to remind me that you think I’m perfect despite my flaws. You’ve accepted my imperfections & made me realize that they make me, me. Because of you,  I now know that no matter what life throws at me, I will always have an amazing support system right behind me to catch me if I fall. I can’t explain in words alone how you have impacted my life. You have the kindest soul, & the sweetest heart. I don’t know a single person who doesn’t like you. You are gentle, kind, humble, & forgiving. You are an incredible musician, & your lyrics speak of your character & beautiful, creative mind. You see the the positivity in humanity, even when it is hard to find. I hope that someday your incredible soul will somehow rub off on me, & that I can be half the person you are. I love you more than words, & am so happy that you made your way into my life & decided to stay. Through all the ups & downs, you have been the most amazing boyfriend. I’m so very grateful that our incomparable bond flourishes & grows stronger each day. I know we will have that young love even when we are old. 

I love you, always.

Karly