This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

SUNY Oneonta will be walking to raise awareness for suicide on Saturday, April 13th. The walk will take place from 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm, and registration is from 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm. There will be free food, music, and LEAD credit; come join us for a good time while helping people!

The Out of the Darkness Campus Walk is being held by the on-campus club NAMI (National Alliance for Mental Illness). This walk is held to show that as a campus and community, we stand in solidarity with those who suffer from mental illness, and those who have lost friends and family to the disease. 

This walk raises awareness for suicide prevention, and all of the money raised for the event goes to suicide prevention within our community in Oneonta. The purpose of the walk is to end the stigma surounding suicide, and the to be able to have an open, comfortable conversation with others about it. 

Signing up for the walk is easy and took me less than four minutes. You can walk in a team or individually. There will be performers, LEAD credit, and lots of people walking for a great cause! 

HCXO,

Elizabeth

My name is Elizabeth Berkowitz, I am currently a junior here at Oneonta. I'm a double major in Commuincations Studies and Art with a concentration in Photography. When I'm not in Oneonta you can find me at home on Long Island, at the beach in Rockaway or with my dog.
Emily Barry

Oneonta '19

Hey everyone! My name is Emily Barry and I am currently a senior at SUNY Oneonta! I am a biochemistry student and when I'm not drowning in assignments, I like to read, spend time with friends and family, and binge watch shows on Netflix! Keep up with my articles or follow me on Instagram/Twitter (@emilyrose0328) to get a glimpse at what's going on with me!