This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

People fear death even more than pain. It’s strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death. At the point of death, the pain is over. -Jim Morrison

Faceless, laying there staring blankly into the sky.

A pale face filled with no emotion;

Am I going to die?

Already dead, laying there waiting for the reaper to claim the soul of the deceased

The cold scythe grazes the chin, leaving blood to drip down his face

Souls of the departed surround the man

Seeing loved one’s warp and turn into skeletons before his own eyes

Scared and uncertain of where his is; Am I in a nightmare?

The devil laughs as his eyes roll over into his head and his hair turns into flames.

The young man trembles as he witnesses’ the transcending evils that crowd him.

As flames of the underworld take over, the devil’s head spins around and his tongue speaks

nothing but gibberish.

The tongue spits acid as the devil’s laugh starts to roar, burning the skin of the man before him.

Melting from the bone, muscles being torn the man falls and begins to reanimate.

Aging rapidly as the man reanimates, the devil grows old.

Blood starts to drip from the devil’s chin;

Puzzled looking around, a shadow stalks over them both.

The reaper has claimed another soul as he drags the corpse of both with him into the flames of the unknown.

Dom

Dom Fattizzi

Oneonta '22

Inspired by Jim Morrison & The Doors to pursue poetry, with my own influence. Poetry page on Instagram @TheAmericanPoet_
Hey Everyone! My name is Melissa Viskoc and I'm a Junior here at SUNY Oneonta! I am an early childhood education major and I'm one of the Campus Correspondents for the Her Campus Oneonta chapter. I spend most of my time watching reality tv and just about every crime show there is! I hope you enjoy my articles !