Nutrition and Dietetics Professor Receives Regional Recognition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

The American Dietetic Association has named Jennifer Bueche, director of the SUNY Oneonta Nutrition and Dietetics program, its regional Outstanding Educator within the Northeast. The award acknowledges Bueche for excellence as a dietetic internship director among peers in an area encompassing Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Vermont, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York, and New Jersey.

“Dr. Bueche has worked extremely hard,” said Interim Dean of Behavioral and Applied Science Dr. Alex Thomas. “This award is a great honor for her and for the Nutrition and Dietetics program.”

Bueche was recognized at the Dietetic Educators of Practitioners meeting March 31-April 1 in Beltsville, Maryland. Dr. Helen Battisti, assistant director of the college’s Nutrition and Dietetics program, nominated Bueche for the award.

“I believe much credit needs to be given to Dr. Battisti for the time involved in submitting the nomination packet and the inclusion of compelling letters from former student,” said Buerche. “I am deeply honored and feel blessed every day that I am able to do what I love to do for a living!”

Bueche holds a Ph.D. in Nutrition from Syracuse University. In addition to being an associate professor at SUNY Oneonta, she is a registered dietician.

Tiina is a hard working care-free girl who likes to work, travel, and spend time with friends in her spare time. Most people call her a 'work-aholic' since she is always busy with school, an internship, and job, but when not busy with those activities, Tiina is always living life to the fullest with her friends. Being a 'chill' and laid back person, Tiina enjoys being fully active when it comes to playing and watching sports, but also enjoys just staying home and watching movies with friends. Tiina is a Communication Studies major with two minors in Advertising, which she hopes to follow in the future, and Apparel & Textiles at SUNY Oneonta.