This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

Beauty is such an important part of my life. I’ve gone through a lot of products and I think I’ve finally works for me. These are my top 8 essential beauty products.

1. Two Faced Born This Way foundation $39: This foundation is super awesome. It’s medium to full coverage and super buildable and doesn’t look cakey at all. It has such a natural and beautiful finish, it almost looks like a second skin.

2. NYX HD Finishing Powder $9.99: Powder is key to any beauty routine, especially for setting liquid makeup. Whether it’s pressed or loose,  it’s so important. I go for pressed powders because I’m super messy and I would get the lose powder everywhere. This is a super great and affordable!

3. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz $21: Brows really frame your face, and this is such a good tool. Its small enough to get in the small places and create super precise lines. It also works with the pressure of your hand so if you press hard then it will be super pigmented, and if you use little pressure it will create beautiful fluttery brows.

4. Benefit Hoola Bronzer $30: This is probably the best bronzer on the market. It’s definitely worth the money. It leaves such a nice sun kissed glow and it looks super natural. I don’t typically use contour, so this is all I need. Long story short, this product is amazing.

5. Anastasia Beverly Hills X Amrezy Highlighter $29: This is probably my holy grail product. I love a good glow. This product leaves a binding glow and is perfect for anyone.

6. Morphe 39A Palette $34: I was so happy after Morphe restocked this palette. I was released last this past Christmas and now it’s back! You can create practically anything with this. It’s got all the perfect colors and shadows. The middle row has bigger pans because they are all transition shades. That’s  why it’s harder to hit pan and they last longer!

7. Benefit Bad Gal Bang Mascara $25: This is such a good mascara is leaves your lashes so long and luscious that you don’t even need falsies. The only thing is that it doesn’t dry down as fast as other mascaras, but it’s still really beautiful!

8. Kylie Cosmetics Velvet Lip Kit in the shade Bare $27: It’s taken me forever to find my perfect nude lipstick and this is the one! It glides on super smooth and it doesn’t dry your lips out. I’d confidently say that this is the best nude lipstick out there.

It takes a lot of tries and trials to get you perfect beauty products and I hope that this list helps you find yours!

HCXO,

Maria

Maria Mawson

Oneonta '21

Maria is a history major at SUNY Oneonta. When she is not hitting the books, she loves to watch sports and spend time with her friends and family.
Emily Barry

Oneonta '19

Hey everyone! My name is Emily Barry and I am currently a senior at SUNY Oneonta! I am a biochemistry student and when I'm not drowning in assignments, I like to read, spend time with friends and family, and binge watch shows on Netflix! Keep up with my articles or follow me on Instagram/Twitter (@emilyrose0328) to get a glimpse at what's going on with me!