My Top 6 Favorite Scenes from “Bohemian Rhapsody”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

In the 2018 biopic Bohemian Rhapsody, dedicated to the band Queen, there were so many moments that gave me the chills. Throughout the whole movie, we get to see the crazy experiences of the band, and we get the chance to see what they were really like. Here are my top six favorite moments!

1. Creating “Another One Bites the Dust”

During this scene, we see some major tensions within the band. I really enjoyed this scene because it felt as though we got an inside look into the lives of the members. I also loved seeing how much each member contributed to the success of the band.

2. Defending “Bohemian Rhapsody”

Anyone who knows anything about Queen knows how iconic this song is. In this scene, the band is basically being told that this song will never amount to anything. Irony aside, I loved seeing how hard they fought for it. I especially love when the rock is thrown through the window.

3. Creating “We Will Rock You”

“We Will Rock You” is one of Queen’s most upbeat and fun songs. My favorite part of this scene is the editing behind it. Going back and forth from creating to performing makes the legendary beat of the song even more exciting.

4. Recording “Bohemian Rhapsody”

Like I said earlier, this song is iconic. Getting to see what it was like to record it is amazing because we literally see Freddie Mercury’s vision come to life. I also love when Ben Hardy was recording the “Galileo” part in the song.

5. Performing “Radio Gaga” at Live Aid

I’m not going to lie, I almost cried during this scene. The way the crowd reacts and performs along with Queen perfectly shows the kind of stage presence they had.

6. Performing “Bohemian Rhapsody” at Live Aid

The moment that Freddie plays the beginning notes of “Bohemian Rhapsody,” the crowd is ready to sing along with him. This performance shows how much of a powerful song this is, and you can see everyone is putting their heart and soul into it. Rami Malek also mastered every one of Freddie’s mannerisms from the actual performance, and it makes me so happy to know he won the Oscar for Best Actor for this movie.

If you haven’t already seen Bohemian Rhapsody, I highly recommend that you do. It was honestly one of my favorite productions I’ve ever seen, and I’ve pretty much been listening to Queen nonstop since I watched this movie.

HCXO,

Natalie

Natalie King

Oneonta '21

Hello! I'm Natalie and I am a senior here at SUNY Oneonta. I'm a Business Economics major with a concentration in marketing, and I'm one of the Campus Correspondents for the Her Campus Oneonta chapter. Some of my favorite activities include binge watching The Office as well as various reality TV shows. I also love playing soccer and spending time with my friends and family.
Shea Murphy

Oneonta '19

Shea is one of the Campus Correspondents for the HC Oneonta Chapter! Shea is a senior studying Biochemistry at Oneonta. She is a self-proclaimed photographer and loves spending time with her friends and family. When she's not in the lab or studying you can find her outside staying active and enjoying nature!