element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

My Top 5 Favorite Christmas Traditions

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

Thinking about the holidays always makes me happy. I have so many amazing memories of Christmas as a kid and I love the traditions I have had throughout my life! Here are some of my favorites.

1. Decorating the Tree

Christmas trees are the first sign that the holidays are here! I love decorating my Christmas tree with my family and seeing how it brightens up our entire home. Putting up the Christmas tree also provides quality time with the people you love!

2. Baking Christmas Cookies

Not only are Christmas cookies delicious to eat, but they’re fun to make! My family has several different cookies we make every year and making all the doughs and decorating them with my mom is always a fun time.

3. Setting up the Village

One of my favorite Christmas decorations in my house is our village. We have tons of little houses and shops that we set up on a table and sprinkle lots of fake snow over it. Then we plug in the house lights, and we have our own little Winter Wonderland.

4. Watching Christmas Movies

There are so many classic Christmas movies that I never get tired of watching. I make sure to get tons of movies in before the holidays are over, which isn’t hard when its constantly snowing and all I want to do is watch movies!

5. Organizing Christmas Gifts

As the youngest of 3 siblings, I was always the first one awake on Christmas morning. I used to get up and run downstairs and organize everybody’s gifts from Santa in their “designated” spot. This has become something I still do every year on Christmas morning.

I hope you spend this holiday season surrounded by friends, family, and all your favorite traditions!

HCXO,

Natalie

Natalie King

Oneonta '21

Hello! I'm Natalie and I am a senior here at SUNY Oneonta. I'm a Business Economics major with a concentration in marketing, and I'm one of the Campus Correspondents for the Her Campus Oneonta chapter. Some of my favorite activities include binge watching The Office as well as various reality TV shows. I also love playing soccer and spending time with my friends and family.
Emily Barry

Oneonta '19

Hey everyone! My name is Emily Barry and I am currently a senior at SUNY Oneonta! I am a biochemistry student and when I'm not drowning in assignments, I like to read, spend time with friends and family, and binge watch shows on Netflix! Keep up with my articles or follow me on Instagram/Twitter (@emilyrose0328) to get a glimpse at what's going on with me!