This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

Even though One Direction isn’t technically together anymore, I will never be moving on. With that being said, I’m sure you can imagine how difficult it was trying to pick my favorites out of all of their iconic songs. 

One Thing 

When most people think of young 1D, they think of What Makes You Beautiful. I on the other hand, think of One Thing. This song makes me so happy, brings out so much nostalgia and has the cutest and most fun music video ever. 

Same Mistakes 

This song definitely put 12-year-old me in my feelings for the heartbreak I had never experienced. Zayn’s voice carries the chorus so perfectly and literally makes me want to cry. 

History 

This song almost feels like a tribute to the band by the band, especially since it’s on their last album before the break. They definitely know that One Direction will “live forever.” 

Olivia 

This song gives off major Beatles vibes. It’s so cute and fun, and they blessed us with super deep voices just because they understand us.

Act My Age 

I think that Act My Age represents everything that One Direction has tried to stand for since the beginning. They never wanted to conform to the typical boyband style where they all match and are super coordinated while performing. They always only wanted to goof around and be themselves, and that’s the message that I get from this song. 

Half a Heart 

This is such a beautiful and sweet song and is underappreciated by everyone. That is all. 

I Wish 

Another song that put 12-year-old me in my feelings. This was one of my first favorite songs of theirs, so naturally it still means a lot to me. 

Over Again 

This song doesn’t sound like many of their others, and something about the different tempos throughout makes it perfect. 

Gotta Be You 

1D fans know of “The Adventurous Adventures of One Direction,” which for some reason made this song even better for me. Side note: Harry’s high notes. Perfect. 

Stand Up 

This is probably the most bubblegum pop song that One Direction has, but I love it anyway. A lot of people don’t know this song because it isn’t on an album, but it’s adorable and fun and deserves more credit. 

I could go on forever about One Direction and how much I love them and their music, but for now, I’ll stop here. Shout-out to 1D for bringing me immense happiness for the last 9 years, I love to love ya. 

HCXO, 

Natalie 

Natalie King

Oneonta '21

Hello! I'm Natalie and I am a senior here at SUNY Oneonta. I'm a Business Economics major with a concentration in marketing, and I'm one of the Campus Correspondents for the Her Campus Oneonta chapter. Some of my favorite activities include binge watching The Office as well as various reality TV shows. I also love playing soccer and spending time with my friends and family.