This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

Symantha Salomone is the spotlight of our first week’s Member Monday! Symantha, who is our chapter’s Recruitment Chair, is graduating this semester with a B.S. in Biology with a concentration in Human Biology. Her plan after graduation is to attend a graduate school to study Occupational Therapy. Once her graduate studies are completed, Symantha would like to practice in patient rehab and eventually transition to a school setting.

Symantha is a very active student leader on campus, starting out her involvement for SUCO by joining Pre-Health Club her freshman year and is the Historian of their E-Board. Alpha Phi Omega, a co-ed service fraternity, her sophomore year. Her dedication to Alpha Phi Omega can be shown through her commitment to the group by being elected into E-Board as VP of Fellowship, VP of Service, and now as the President. Symantha also joined Her Campus her junior year and is now the Recruitment Chair of our chapter’s E-Board. She has also been an Orientation Leader for two years. I know it looks like we’re listing her resume, but it goes to show how involved Symantha has been throughout her years at SUCO.

Symantha has been my one of my best friends for over a year now! We met by chance, when I was assigned to be her suitemate last fall as a transfer student. She is always reliable and always has a shoulder to lean on. In difficult times, I can count on Sym to help me through them. I am so honored to have a friend like Symantha. I hope everyone reading this has someone like Sym in your lives too!

HCXO,

Emma

Emma Muirhead

Oneonta '19

Senior graduating from SUNY Oneonta with a B.S. in Communication Studies.