Meet the Marvelous Maria Sosiak!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

Full name: Maria Kathryn Sosiak

Year: Junior (Graduating Spring 2018)

Major: Elementary Education

Nickname(s): Maria

Hometown: Albany, NY

Fun fact:  I love coffee!

Hobbies: Crafting, Volunteering, Shopping, Baking

Dream job: Own a Nursing Home

Dream Vacation: Ireland

Favorite Candy: York Peppermint Patties

Celebrity Crush: John Travolta

Favorite Starbucks Drink: Iced Coconut Milk Latte

HC: “So Maria, why did you decide to become an RA?”

Maria: “I had a really amazing freshman year with RA’s that influenced me to give back to other freshman, and they helped make my freshman year very special. I learned that it is important for students to be the best they can be. Also, I love seeing the transition from the first weeks of school to end of year. Students here are able to learn and live successfully, and it makes me feel good knowing that I can help them with that!”

HC: “What do you want to do after you graduate?”

Maria: “My plan is to attend grad school that will help prepare for my goal of becoming a second grade teacher!”

HC: “Are you involved in any clubs or organizations on or off campus?”

Maria: “I work with CSRC, which is a volunteering organization. Also, I am part of the National Residence Hall Honorary (NRHH).”

**Side Note** Maria also plans fun events for Littell Hall Residents, uses her craftsmanship to help decorate around the residence hall, is a very helpful resource for her peers, and uses her kindness and generosity to make herself very easy to talk to and become liked!

HC: “What will you remember most about Oneonta after you graduate?”

Maria: “One, Littell Hall and the experiences I have had here. Two, the Education Department, the professors in it, and the opportunities they have given me. Three, Oneonta has something for everyone, so there are many things to get involved with. Four, getting to know my professors has helped me and can be very beneficial to students. Getting to know your professors or other staff members can help you become more comfortable with the campus and your classes.”

HC: “Do you have any tips for underclassmen?”

Maria: “Have patience with yourself, understand that no matter what you are going through, you can push through it. With every negative event, there is always  something positive and something you can learn and grow from. With each struggle, be patient and take it with a grain of salt to overcome it. Enjoy life as much as you can, and remember to stay positive!​”

Hi! I'm a freshman at SUNY Oneonta, and I am also a dual Computer Art major and Computer Science. Along with being a member of the HerCampus team, I am also a member of the Equestrian Team here at SUNY Oneonta. I love to be positive, I enjoy doing yoga, and I love food ❤️
Kenzie Negron is currently a senior in college studying at SUNY Oneonta to pursue her dream career of being a high school english teacher as well as a part time journalist. Kenzie is the proud Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Chapter at SUNY Oneonta. Kenzie is also the author of her own blog; http://sincerelykenz.com. In her spare time, Kenzie enjoys snowboarding, indulging in tacos, and hanging out with her friends. You can find out more information about Kenzie by following her on Twitter and Instagram (@kenzienegron).