Meet HC Oneonta’s Barbara Parsons

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

Meet one of our Event Planners for Her Campus Oneonta, Barbara Parsons!

Name: Barbara Parsons

Major: Communication Studies

Graduating Class: May 2017

Hometown: Utica, NY

—————————————————————————————

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years from now?

BP: Hopefully have a fun and steady job; I want to be involved somewhat in team management and be a boss of some sort. I’ll be thirty so hopefully Zac Efron will be my husband by then…but time will only tell.

HC: What is something you aspire for?

BP: I want to travel more. After graduation I’m going to travel around Europe for a while and explore. I hope my future career has lots of traveling involved. I’d honestly consider moving out of the country if it meant I get to explore the world more.

HC: What are you going to miss most of Oneonta after graduation?

BP: My friends and teammates, the Communication department, and declining dollars. I can’t just go to Jazzman’s for tea or coffee anymore, I’m now going to have to pay real money for that. #Adulting

HC: What are you planning to do after college?

BP: I’m attending SUNY Oswego in the fall to pursue my Master’s degree in Strategic Communication. I’m very excited, plus I’m going to have my own apartment. I love interior design, so I’m already planning what it’s going to look like. Hopefully I can land a job while I’m at school, because I’ll have to pay for coffee and rent somehow.

HC: If you could have any animal as a pet, which would you choose?

BP: A tea cup piglet. I would love to have a pig running around my apartment like Brittany Murphy has in “Uptown Girls.”

HC: Quote you live by?

BP: “Live Life Fearlessly” Basically it’s okay to have fears, but you can’t let them control you or your destiny.

That’s Barbara! Thanks for taking the time to meet her.

Katherine Sanderson is currently a sophomore at SUNY Oneonta majoring in Communication Studies. She hails from a small town about 30 miles north of Albany, New York, where she began writing anything from poetry to short stories that express many of the things that she enjoys about life and love. Katherine began her writing career early in her high school education, first by writing for enjoyment, then challenging herself and entering different writing competitions. The American Library of Poetry has published Katherine in two of their book editions “Acclaimed” and “Discovered” in the years 2011 and 2013, which were two of her greatest writing accomplishments. For Katherine, writing is more than just a hobby, but more of a way to express her true self.
Anna is a junior at SUNY Oneonta, studying Fashion Marketing and Computer Art. She hopes to turn these studies into a career in the fashion industry in New York City. Outside of writing for Her Campus, Anna spends her time obsessing over eyebrows, embroidering, and talking about her dogs.