Meet Alliey Laflair!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

Full Name: Alliey Laflair

Age: 20

Major: Sociology

Year: Junior

Hometown: Syracuse, NY

Relationship status: Taken

Favorite TV show(s): Shameless, Grey’s Anatomy, Rupaul’s Drag Race

Favorite band(s): All Time Low, Modern Baseball, Arctic Monkeys

Fun Fact: Pizza

—-

HC: How do you stay involved on campus?

AL: I am a theatre minor, so I’m involved with all the productions we put on. I am also a part of the State Times, the Gender-Sexuality Alliance, Chamber Singers, and I work at Mill’s Market. The MyOneonta email account is my lifesaver with all these different things going on!

HC: What do you love most about Oneonta?

AL: I love how physically small the campus and town are. Getting around is easy and it makes for connecting with my different groups of friends that much easier too.

HC: What is your dream job?

AL: My dream job is to become a Social Worker, hopefully pertaining to something with substance abuse or sexual education.

HC: Where do you picture yourself in 5 years?

AL: Wandering around New York City with my MSW Certificate (Masters in Social Work) in one hand and a bagel in the other.

HC: What is your favorite hobby?

AL: I love singing! I tend to spend my evenings and weekends in my dorm room for hours on end blaring my music. (((But my neighbors don’t mind ;)))

HC: If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?

AL: Most definitely Argentina or Amsterdam.

HC: What is your favorite thing about Oneonta?

AL: How easygoing everyone is! The professors, staff, and students help to make exams and finals, as well as deciding where in the world I want to go with my life, that much simpler and virtually stress-free!

Thanks for taking the time to get to know Alliey!

Hi i'm Ashley! I am a senior at SUNY Oneonta and a communications major with a minor in public relations!
Hey everyone! My name is Callan Fridgen, and I'm a junior at Oneonta State studying Communications with a minor in Public Relations. Find me on Instagram @callanfridgen