photo of corn field
photo of corn field
Aaron Burden/Unsplash

The Many Pros of Thanksgiving Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

Thanksgiving break is when college students come home to family and friends, eating their weight in turkey, stuffing, and pumpkin pie, and recovering from a food coma. It’s impossible to point out anything bad about Thanksgiving break because, let’s be real, there are only good things:

Seeing friends who you haven’t seen in months:

Coming home to a home-cooked meal as opposed to college food:

Being able to bring out the “fat pants”:

Having an excuse to overeat and fall into a food coma:

Not being able to have room for dessert until you tell yourself, “There is always room for dessert”:

Finally seeing your pets:

Sticking to the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade tradition:

Being able to relax and do nothing after a heavy week of midterms:

Black Friday shopping may be hectic, but completely worth it:

Once Thanksgiving break is over, you’re completely excited for Christmas break!:

SaveSave

Hi i'm Ashley! I am a senior at SUNY Oneonta and a communications major with a minor in public relations!
Kenzie Negron is currently a senior in college studying at SUNY Oneonta to pursue her dream career of being a high school english teacher as well as a part time journalist. Kenzie is the proud Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Chapter at SUNY Oneonta. Kenzie is also the author of her own blog; http://sincerelykenz.com. In her spare time, Kenzie enjoys snowboarding, indulging in tacos, and hanging out with her friends. You can find out more information about Kenzie by following her on Twitter and Instagram (@kenzienegron).