The Lucky and Charming, Thomas Rascona

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

Name: Thomas Anthony Rascona

Age: 19 years young

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Holtsville, New York

Major: Environmental Science

Relationship Status: Single!

Favorites:

Favorite movie: Ferris Bueller’s Day Off

Favorite animal: Zebra

Favorite band: Portugal. The Man

Favorite app: Snapchat

Favorite holiday: New Years’ Eve

HC: How are you involved on campus?

TR: “I am in 3 environmental clubs: F.O.R.C.E.S., Environmental Science Club, and I am the secretary of the Environmental Activism Club. I am an active member of the SUNY Oneonta Frisbee Association, also known as SOFA (also known as the best team on Earth). I am also a campus compost intern and I am a member of the President’s Advisory Council for Sustainability.”

HC: What is one song you can never get tired of listening to?

TR: “I’d have to say Apparently by J Cole. I really like that song.”

HC: If you were a brand of cereal, what would you be and why?

TR: “This is great. If I were a brand of cereal, I would have to be Lucky Charms. Because honestly you would be lucky to have me. I’m also a very charming guy. You got your mix of your serious oat kind of cereal with your nice delicious marshmallows. So you get the soft and the sweet mixed in with the serious; that’s me.”

HC: What is your least favorite thing about humanity?

TR: “I think being driven by greed is a terrible thing. You can’t take your money with you when you die. We certainly shouldn’t live our lives around such a stupid concept.”

HC: What is your dream job and why?

TR: “Sitting at home, reading books, and drinking coffee. Why? Because I don’t really want to do anything for a living. I’m also a coffee slut. You know, maybe I’d be a good librarian.”

HC: What is something that no one knows about you?

TR: “I mean no one knows it about me because I don’t want them to. This is a difficult question. Something that no one knows about me is that I always put my left shoe on first. I bet you didn’t know that.”

HC: So far, what is your favorite memory in Oneonta?

TR: “It’s definitely frisbee related because I don’t really care about anything else. This is also a difficult question for me. I guess going to sectionals with the team last Spring, it was a big deal. And being on the team with all of those kids that I looked up to, and still look up to. In a way, being able to play with them in such a competitive environment was memorable.”

HC: Is there anything you’d like to say to the people reading this article?”

TR: “I hope you all have a great day.”

Kathryn Fernandez is currently a junior at SUNY Oneonta. She is dual majoring in Music Industry and Mass Communications with a media concentration. Besides being an orientation leader for the school and the public relations chair for SUNY Oneonta's Ultimate Frisbee team, she is also a photographer, toast eater, book lover, inspired artist, and tea drinker. She's very excited to be a Chapter Advisor and a writer for the Her Campus community. Click on any of the links below to read Kathryn's articles. And If you would like to know more about her, check out her Twitter and Instagram @Kat8996.
Kenzie Negron is currently a senior in college studying at SUNY Oneonta to pursue her dream career of being a high school english teacher as well as a part time journalist. Kenzie is the proud Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Chapter at SUNY Oneonta. Kenzie is also the author of her own blog; http://sincerelykenz.com. In her spare time, Kenzie enjoys snowboarding, indulging in tacos, and hanging out with her friends. You can find out more information about Kenzie by following her on Twitter and Instagram (@kenzienegron).