Here’s How I Grew Out My Eyebrows

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

We’ve all been there, right? We tweezed a few hairs too many, or that lady at the new threading place didn’t understand the concept of a “slight touch up”. Regardless of how you lost your model-like brows, don’t fret! There is a way to get in on that full brow trend once again.

1) Stop Plucking!!!!

That’s right. Stop it. Like Completely. If you want your brows to look full you have to put the tweezers down. Yanking out the hairs is harsh on the follicle, and makes it harder for your brow hairs to grow in!!! And yes I know what you’re thinking.. “my brows are gonna be a mess!!!”. Try plucking the stray hairs that are completely out of place once every six to eight weeks until you see your desired brow fullness.

2) Fill em’ in

Luckily, your brows don’t have to look like a tragedy while you’re trying to grow them out. To disguise the bushy, growing-out-phase, try hiding it behind some brow makeup. My personal favorites are the Kevyn Aucoin Precision Brow Pencil ($26), The Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade ($18) and the NYX Micro Brow Pencil ($10).Kevyn Aucoin Precision Brow Pencil ($26), The Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade ($18) and the NYX Micro Brow Pencil ($10).

3) Try a Serum

Now I can’t say I’m fully convinced that brow growth serums work, but I do know they are full of moisturizing ingredients that prevent hair fall and encourage growth. Lately I’ve been trying the RapidBrow eyebrow enhancing serum ($30) and I’m kinda obsessed! I can say that over the past month and a half I have seen some growth, and my brows are much more manageable.

4) Try Oils

If you’re into a more natural alternative, this one’s for you. Many oils out there have been said to have hair-stimulating properties, but I personally have found success in Vitamin E oil and Castor Oil. Sometimes I use them alone, or you can mix them together for extra strength. All you need is a clean spooly brush and a little bit of oil. Just comb the oil through your brows before bed and poof! You have your own DIY eyebrow serum.

5) Time!!!

This is a bummer, but there’s nothing that will grow your brows overnight (except like micro-blading but that’s a whole other article). It can take many months of patience and no plucking to make your beautiful brows return to their former glory! But it will all be worth it when you have the brows of a goddess.

Kenzie Negron is currently a senior in college studying at SUNY Oneonta to pursue her dream career of being a high school english teacher as well as a part time journalist. Kenzie is the proud Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Chapter at SUNY Oneonta. Kenzie is also the author of her own blog; http://sincerelykenz.com. In her spare time, Kenzie enjoys snowboarding, indulging in tacos, and hanging out with her friends. You can find out more information about Kenzie by following her on Twitter and Instagram (@kenzienegron).