Get With The Times The Mental Game with Kevin Love

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

Oneonta was one of 10 colleges across the United States chosen to host this Get With The Times Watch Party. Tonight we will be live streaming Kevin Love’s interview with Juliet Macur, a leading sports reporter for The New York Times. The focus of this interview is to bring awareness to mental health, specifically anxiety and depression, which the latest research shows affects 1 in 5 college students.

Kevin Love has played 11 seasons of professional basketball during which he has claimed five All-Star selections, a NBA championship, and gold metals from both the Olympics and the FIBA World Championships. 

After he suffered from a panic attack during a game, he wrote about in The Player’s Tribune, which made him one of the first professional athletes to openly discuss his challenges with anxiety and depression. Since then he has been working with other athletes and individuals to make sure this is a conversation that is occurring, especially on college campuses. 

Join us tonight in IRC 4 at 6:30 pm to watch the interview, eat Domino’s, pick up some free swag, and earn LEAD credit!

We would like to thank The New York Times, Her Campus, and the HBC Foundation’s HEADFIRST Program for making this event possible. 

HCXO,

Shea

Shea Murphy

Oneonta '19

Shea is one of the Campus Correspondents for the HC Oneonta Chapter! Shea is a senior studying Biochemistry at Oneonta. She is a self-proclaimed photographer and loves spending time with her friends and family. When she's not in the lab or studying you can find her outside staying active and enjoying nature!