yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

Fun Last Minute Halloween Costume Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

Halloweekend in Oneonta is fast approaching and finding the perfect costume is always a challenge. If you have not decided on a costume yet, you’re in luck. We have fun and affordable costume ideas that you’ll pull off even if it’s last minute! Look in your dresser or take a quick trip to Salvo and you’ll easily be able to put together these costumes!

Source: Google Images

Breakfast at Tiffany’s

Black dress? Check! Red lipstick? Check! Pearl necklace? Check! Put your hair up and your shades on and you’re basically Audrey Hepburn.

Source: Google Images

Cowgirl

No one will honestly notice or remotely care if you wore the same outfit on Country Night. If you’re struggling with coming up with an outfit the night before Halloween, this is such an easy solution. Grab your flannel and go!

Source: Google Images

Sweethearts Candy

For this one all your need is string or ribbon, paper and a marker. Quick, simple, and very unique!

Source: Google Images

M&Ms

This is a great idea for you and your group. Find cheap t-shirts at Walmart and paint on the letter M and you all are good to go!

Source: Google Images

Rosie the Riveter

This costume is very common but only because it’s such an easy costume to put together. All you need is to use the red bandana you got in the Quad on Red Day and a denim shirt!

Source: Google Images

Crazy Taylor

If you find a cheetah print shirt at Salvo, purposely run your mascara, and make this face the whole night, no one will question who you are for Halloween. I think this is a hilarious idea for a costume and would make Taylor proud.

Source: Google Images

Corny Tourists

This costume will be so much fun to put together! Go to Salvo with your friends and try on crazy shirts or find missed-matched articles of clothing in your closet and you’ll be set! Fanny packs may look nerdy but are without a doubt still convenient.

Source: Google Images

Kim Possible

Red head or not, if you have a black long-sleeve, cargo pants and tennis shoes, you have all you need to be Kim. Or make a side braid with your hair and say you’re Katniss Everdeen. Always use your imagination.

Source: Google Images

Regina George/Mean Girls

By yourself or with your friends, this costume idea is sure to make an impression. And if you decide to be Regina’s mom, don’t forget the snacks and condoms.

It’s so easy to put together a costume without spending a lot of money.

Remember to be creative this year with your costumes!

HCXO,

Barbara Parsons

Barbara Parsons is a previous writer of HC Oneonta, and is now an alumni of SUNY Oneonta. Barbara loves playing rugby, Chinese food, binge-watching How I Met Your Mother, and baby emperor penguins. You can follow Barbara on Twitter and Instagram @BarbaraJoyce3
Kenzie Negron is currently a senior in college studying at SUNY Oneonta to pursue her dream career of being a high school english teacher as well as a part time journalist. Kenzie is the proud Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Chapter at SUNY Oneonta. Kenzie is also the author of her own blog; http://sincerelykenz.com. In her spare time, Kenzie enjoys snowboarding, indulging in tacos, and hanging out with her friends. You can find out more information about Kenzie by following her on Twitter and Instagram (@kenzienegron).