tyler nix Pw5uvsFcGF4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
tyler nix Pw5uvsFcGF4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Life > Experiences

A Best Friend I Didn’t Know I Needed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

Dear Leanna,

Eight years ago, my sister made a friend and they became close quickly. Your sister was over a lot and when she would be picked up, you and your mom would be at the door to get her. There was one day that you were going on a trip and I tagged along. I am so glad I did. I never would have thought that my sister’s new friendship would impact my life the way that it did. All it took was a few conversations at my door, and a trip to Adventure Land to spark a friendship that will last a life time.

After that day we were together all the time and you became the person I could rely on the most. We always have the best times together and you are truly like a sister to me. Our friendship has grown so much over the years, and what makes it even better is that our families are so close. I’m so glad we can experience life together, and I can’t wait for all the things to come.

You are so talented and, quite honestly, the funniest person I know. We have the same sense of humor and inside jokes that no one could even begin to understand. You have really come out of your shell so much since I have met you and I’m so glad you are finally showing the rest of the world how amazing you are.

Thank you for pushing me to be my best and for always making me try new things. I love how we can always push each other out of our comfort zones in so many ways, it is easy to say that I would not have done as many things as I have if you weren’t by my side. Every time something happens you are the first person I want to tell and that will never change. Thank you for understanding me better than I understand myself, and always knowing exactly what to say. I couldn’t picture my life without you.

HCXO,

Melissa

Hey Everyone! My name is Melissa Viskoc and I'm a Junior here at SUNY Oneonta! I am an early childhood education major and I'm one of the Campus Correspondents for the Her Campus Oneonta chapter. I spend most of my time watching reality tv and just about every crime show there is! I hope you enjoy my articles !