nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

I know that this point in the semester is when most students start getting a heavy workload. It seems like all your tests and papers are due in the same week! Getting ahead and managing your time is the key to preventing a huge headache. Check out these tips:

1. Take a Step Back

Relax for a moment and let yourself forget about what is stressing you out. Without clearing your head, you can’t think clearly to decide how to help yourself move forward.

2. Organize your Priorities

Think about if what you’re stressed about is worth the headache. Sometimes stress is unnecessary, and we don’t even realize it. Stress can mean you care but can also be self-destructing. If the stress can be avoided, you’re only helping yourself.

3. Plan out your Schedule

Sometimes organizing your workload can help calm your brain and prepare you to complete it. Then, you can cross off a task when it is done, making you feel a sense of accomplishment.

Overall, most college students are stressed right now. The semester is starting to kick in and the work is coming. Don’t spread yourself too thin, but also challenge yourself in doing things you know you can do. Separate good stress from unnecessary stress, and know you can accomplish what you put your mind to. You can get through this!

HCXO,

Emily

Hey! I’m Emily and I am a senior Communications major at SUNY Oneonta! I love to play flute and tennis, and be with my family and friends! I can’t wait to write more articles this semester, and share them with everyone! 
Emily Barry

Oneonta '19

Hey everyone! My name is Emily Barry and I am currently a senior at SUNY Oneonta! I am a biochemistry student and when I'm not drowning in assignments, I like to read, spend time with friends and family, and binge watch shows on Netflix! Keep up with my articles or follow me on Instagram/Twitter (@emilyrose0328) to get a glimpse at what's going on with me!