This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

It’s that time of year again! The holidays are officially upon us and this is about the time where we go into turbo mode—endless shopping, food extravaganzas, and of course the relative talk. Here’s a list of things to do during Thanksgiving at home!

1. Watch the Thanksgiving parade in NYC

This is a necessity. The Rockettes are a fan-favorite in my opinion.

2. You can’t forget the dog shows either.

Who doesn’t love dogs?

3. Run a turkey trot

Why not get some exercise before you feast?! After all, participating in a turkey trot goes to a good cause!

4. Bake a pie

What’s Thanksgiving without pies? Whether its apple, pumpkin, pecan, etc., I guarantee you’ll be satisfied. Treat yo’ self!

5. Watch a TV show’s Thanksgiving episode: Friends, How I Met Your Mother, Gossip Girl, etc.

TV shows always have the best Thanksgiving episodes.

6. Watch the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving special

In addition to TV shows, the Charlie Brown special is a classic. You can catch this episode on Wednesday, Nov. 23rd at 8pm on ABC!

7. Work if you can!

I know that’s probably the last thing people want to do, but make some money while you can! Even if it’s only a day or two at your old job, you’ll thank yourself later.

8. Carve a turkey

I know this is usually a job for all the dads out there, but haven’t you always wanted to carve a turkey?! Take it upon yourself and get the feast started.

9. Lastly, allow time for relaxation

Let’s give ourselves a break as we prepare for the dreadful finals week. After all, Thanksgiving is about coming together with family; so don’t forget to spend some time with them.

My name is Taryn DiRocco, and I'm a sophomore at SUNY Oneonta. I'm currently studying Communications with a minor in Public Relations. I'm from Smithtown, Long Island, and I enjoy pizza, the beach, Grey's Anatomy, and traveling. 
Kenzie Negron is currently a senior in college studying at SUNY Oneonta to pursue her dream career of being a high school english teacher as well as a part time journalist. Kenzie is the proud Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Chapter at SUNY Oneonta. Kenzie is also the author of her own blog; http://sincerelykenz.com. In her spare time, Kenzie enjoys snowboarding, indulging in tacos, and hanging out with her friends. You can find out more information about Kenzie by following her on Twitter and Instagram (@kenzienegron).