The 5 Things You See While in London

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

1. Big Ben (of course)

Big Ben in an absolute must when in England. It is a huge clock tower   that symbolizes the continued functioning of the British Monarchy.

2. The London Eye

The London Eye is a Ferris wheel right on the famous river in London (the River Thames). The ferris wheel is over 440 feet high and can carry 800 passengers on one rotation!

3. Trafalgar Square

This is a beautiful place to visit when in London. It was named after the Battle of Trafalgar in the Napoleonic wars. It is home to the famous art museum (National Gallery). It is also famous because multiple scenes from the Harry Potter movies took place in this district.

4. Harrods

Harrods is an enormous department store in downtown London. It takes up one million square feet and has over 330 departments! They are similar to the United States’ Macys, however, Harrods is much more expensive!

5. Stonehenge

Stonehenge is the only stone circle from the neolithic period surviving today. It was used for early cremations. Although it is about 2 hours from London, in a suburb called Salisbury, it is definitely worth the trip!

Happy travels!

HCXO,

Britanie

Emily Barry

Oneonta '19

Hey everyone! My name is Emily Barry and I am currently a senior at SUNY Oneonta! I am a biochemistry student and when I'm not drowning in assignments, I like to read, spend time with friends and family, and binge watch shows on Netflix! Keep up with my articles or follow me on Instagram/Twitter (@emilyrose0328) to get a glimpse at what's going on with me!