This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

1. The Longest Ride

This is honestly one of my all-time favorite movies. If you want a good love story, this would be the one to watch. The plot is unique, showing two love stories at once & how the one couple follows in the other’s footsteps. The movie basically compares two different generations & the sacrifices a couple must make for one another. I felt nervous, as the main character pursues a career as a bull rider, but hopeful because the girlfriend supported him all the way. Highly recommend this movie!

2. The Fault in Our Stars

I have four words to describe this movie: BE PREPARED TO CRY! This is honestly one of the saddest movies I’ve ever seen. It’s such a refreshing story, as two cancer patients share their struggles & make the most out of their time on this Earth. It’s inspiring to watch someone who started out with such a negative attitude turn into someone enjoying every second of life! The metaphors & repeated phrases throughout the movie make the story so much sweeter. You will be encouraged to live life to the fullest after seeing this movie!

3. Me Before You

Hate to say it, but this is another tear-jerker. This movie contains a detailed plot, as a pessimistic, disabled man falls for his full-of-life caretaker. The decisions these main characters must face to keep you on your toes the whole movie. It’s so interesting to see how the two fall in love, as they didn’t even get along in the beginning. The ending is somewhat shocking, but makes the bond between them that much stronger & evident. 

4. Midnight Sun

This movie just came out, but it was so good. Everyone I went to see it with was bawling their eyes out at the end, & so was I! Obviously, I won’t spoil the ending, but it was just not how I’d imagine it would end. The story was so compelling, & you just didn’t know what would happen next. Two high school students living on the same street didn’t meet until senior year! The hidden romance grows into a committed relationship, but her disease complicates things. The plot showed how a couple truly in love can overcome any obstacle. 

I hope you decide to watch these movies! You won’t regret it. There are many more great stories out there, but these are just some that stood out to me. Enjoy, & don’t forget the tissues!

HCXO, 

Emily

Hey! I’m Emily and I am a senior Communications major at SUNY Oneonta! I love to play flute and tennis, and be with my family and friends! I can’t wait to write more articles this semester, and share them with everyone! 
Emily Barry

Oneonta '19

Hey everyone! My name is Emily Barry and I am currently a senior at SUNY Oneonta! I am a biochemistry student and when I'm not drowning in assignments, I like to read, spend time with friends and family, and binge watch shows on Netflix! Keep up with my articles or follow me on Instagram/Twitter (@emilyrose0328) to get a glimpse at what's going on with me!