10 Television Shows That Are Worth The Hype

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

1. Game of Thrones This fantasy drama will drag you in after just watching one episode. It’s understandable why everyone is in love with this show. And lets be real, Khalessi is pretty badass.

2. Grey’s Anatomy 

Once you watch one episode, you’ll end up watching the whole series on Netflix in just one week. Get ready to bring out the tissues and “dream” over Derek Shepard.

3. Jane the Virgin

Who wouldn’t wanna watch a show where a young woman in her twenties gets accidently inseminated? Sounds interesting, right? This show has it all; emotion, love, and drama. Once you watch it, you won’t stop. #TeamMichael? #TeamRafael?

4. Gilmore Girls

This show represents the perfect mother-daughter relationship that everyone strives to have. Showing us struggles that we all can relate to while adding a bit of humor with it.

5. Stranger Things:

The show that everyone is talking about. Its mysterious plot has everyone raving. Each episode gets more and more spooky, leaving you feeling every type of emotion.

6. Friends

Friends is an ultimate classic. This hilarious sitcom will make you binge-watch till the break of dawn… and make you root for Rachel and Ross every episode you watch.

7. The Bachelorette:

If you’re looking for a show to gather around with your friends and drink  wine with, then this is a perfect choice. The Bachelorette is about a number of male contestants trying to steal the heart of one woman. There is always at least one contestant that stirs up some drama (*cough Chad *cough) that makes wine night much more interesting.

8. The Office

If you love sarcastic humor, this show is perfect. All of the characters make the setting of the plot a whole lot more interesting, making you laugh at the edge of your seat.

9. Orange Is The New Black

One of my favorite Netflix originals, after just watching one episode I immediately was addicted. Watching the drama behind bars in Litchfield Penitentiary will easily get you hooked.

10. It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia:

With pretty similar humor to The Office, this sitcom is highly underrated for the craziness between five best friends.

Hi i'm Ashley! I am a senior at SUNY Oneonta and a communications major with a minor in public relations!
Kenzie Negron is currently a senior in college studying at SUNY Oneonta to pursue her dream career of being a high school english teacher as well as a part time journalist. Kenzie is the proud Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Chapter at SUNY Oneonta. Kenzie is also the author of her own blog; http://sincerelykenz.com. In her spare time, Kenzie enjoys snowboarding, indulging in tacos, and hanging out with her friends. You can find out more information about Kenzie by following her on Twitter and Instagram (@kenzienegron).