10 Quotes from Powerful Female Characters to Get You Through the Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

Sometimes you need a TV show or movie to take a step back from your real life. These female characters may just be the empowerment you need to go back to your day stronger than ever!

“You can’t wait around for things to fall into place– make them happen yourself.”

-Blair Waldorf

“My courage always rises with every attempt to intimidate me.”

-Elizabeth Bennet 

“The most exciting, challenging, and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone to love the you you love, well that’s just fabulous.”

-Carrie Bradshaw

“You must always have faith in people. And most importantly, you must always have faith in yourself.”

-Elle Woods 

“There are those who say that fate is something beyond our command, that destiny is not our own. But I know better. Our fate lives within us…brave enough to see it.”

-Merida

“After all, tomorrow is another day.”

-Scarlett O’Hara

“It’s time we stand up for what is right.”

-Gamora 

“But not all who wander are aimless. Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image.”

-Betty Warren 

“Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.”

-Lady Galadriel

“I never look back, darling, it distracts from the now.”

-Edna Mode

What would your powerful quote be?

HCXO, 

Keri

My name is Keri Johnson and I am a senior communications studies major at SUNY Oneonta. I'm origianly from Long Island and love hiking, reading, and meeting new people. As a sorority girl, coffee addict, and seasonal camp coordinator I make sure to stay busy, but always find time for my friends and my dog!
Emily Barry

Oneonta '19

Hey everyone! My name is Emily Barry and I am currently a senior at SUNY Oneonta! I am a biochemistry student and when I'm not drowning in assignments, I like to read, spend time with friends and family, and binge watch shows on Netflix! Keep up with my articles or follow me on Instagram/Twitter (@emilyrose0328) to get a glimpse at what's going on with me!