This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

I love makeup. I put on lipstick just to go to Walmart. That being said, I don’t have the money to buy every Nars blush or Mac lipstick I would like, so I’ve had to make do with cheaper stuff. The good news: price is not always an indicator of quality. Some of my holy grail products are from Target! If you’re a makeup lover without the cash to spare, read on for ten great beauty products that cost under $10!

1. Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate Moss in 08

-This is a perfect everyday “your lips but better” kind of color with a long lasting formula. It’s so subtle and doesn’t highlight chapped lips too much!

2. NYX Slim Lip Pencil-$3.50

-This lip liner comes in a ton of colors! It’s beautiful under lipstick but it’s also pigmented enough to be worn alone, and gives a really nice matte finish. (Pro tip—“Mauve” is an awesome dupe for Mac’s “Whirl”!)

3. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream -$5.99

(Photo source: http://www.oliviafrescura.com/2014/01/26/nyx-soft-matte-lip-cream-new-2014-shades-review-swatches-video/)

-I love these lip creams! They give a pretty satiny finish without the drying that comes with a lot of liquid lipsticks. It’s super easy to apply and lasts surprisingly long.

*I do warn against darker shades—while lighter ones like Stockholm and Cannes (my favorite!) go on really smoothly, darker shades like Transylvania go on very unevenly and any bit of dryness on your lips is magnified!

4. Ulta eye shadows-$7

-I know $7 seems like a lot for a single eye shadow, but these are worth it! Bermuda Sand and In The Buff are my favorites! They stay really well, and don’t crease too much, even without a primer.

5. Maybelline Volum’Express The Rocket Mascara-$7.49

(Photo source: http://www.alovelyallure.com/2013/11/maybelline-rocket-volum-waterproof-mascara-review.html)

-I’ve tried a lot of drug store mascaras and this is easily one of the best—no clumps, and adds tons of volume!

6. NYC Brow & Liner Pencils-$1.87

-As someone who is obsessed with eyebrows, it’s really nice to find cheap products that work. These are great because they’re not overly waxy and they blend very easily!

7. NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder-$5.99

-I can’t even tell you how much I love these! These powders were my first intro to eyebrow makeup years ago and no matter how much I experiment with new products I always come back to them! Perfect colors and consistency, and they come with cute little mini brushes!

8. E.L.F. Lip Exfoliator-$3

-This is a lifesaver! Use it before you put on lipstick and it will leave your lips so soft—and it tastes like a cookie!

9. E.L.F. Under Eye Concealer & Highlighter-$3

-This is a surprisingly effective concealer! It goes on really thin but it still manages to cover everything!

10. Colourpop everything-$5-8

(photo source: http://www.oliviafrescura.com/2014/01/26/nyx-soft-matte-lip-cream-new-2014-shades-review-swatches-video/)

-That’s right—all of it. Everything on Colourpop is cheap and high quality. Just ask any beauty blogger! Their unique formulas have crazy awesome staying power and their color selection is to die for!

And that’s all of them! I hope this helps you find more affordable makeup, or at least think twice before you spend $20 on a lipstick (do you know how many Tino’s slices that can buy?!)

Anna is a junior at SUNY Oneonta, studying Fashion Marketing and Computer Art. She hopes to turn these studies into a career in the fashion industry in New York City. Outside of writing for Her Campus, Anna spends her time obsessing over eyebrows, embroidering, and talking about her dogs.
Kenzie Negron is currently a senior in college studying at SUNY Oneonta to pursue her dream career of being a high school english teacher as well as a part time journalist. Kenzie is the proud Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Chapter at SUNY Oneonta. Kenzie is also the author of her own blog; http://sincerelykenz.com. In her spare time, Kenzie enjoys snowboarding, indulging in tacos, and hanging out with her friends. You can find out more information about Kenzie by following her on Twitter and Instagram (@kenzienegron).