Your Guide to the 17th Annual Double Decker Arts Festival

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ole Miss chapter.

Your Guide to the 17th Annual Double Decker Arts Festival

By: Darby Radcliff

Celebrate fabulous food, music, and the arts in Oxford this weekend at the 17th Annual Double Decker Arts Festival.

This anticipated and annual cultural festival derives its name from the town’s authentic double decker bus that was imported from England in 1994.

This festival brings together visitors and residents for a day-long festivity of cultural events held on the picturesque Courthouse Square in Oxford, Mississippi.

The exciting festival events begin on Friday, April 27th with a concert on the Square to kick off the 17th Annual Double Decker Arts Festival.

On Saturday, April 28th, there will be art vendors, food vendors, the children’s Square Fair, and music all held throughout the day.

The festival will be free on Saturday and begins at 10 A.M. and lasts until 8 P.M.  

There will also be a Double Decker Spring RunCome taking place. During this 6.2 mile course run, you will pass the beautiful antebellum homes in Oxford, run through the Ole Miss campus, as well as Rowan Oak, which is the historic home of William Faulkner, and you will finish this highly competitive race at the Baptist HealthPlex.

Here are the Double Decker Spring RunCome Race Times:
10K Run/Walk – 7:30 a.m.
5K Run/Walk – 7:45 a.m.
Kids Fun Run – 9 a.m.

Also, during Double Decker Arts Festival, there will be the Double Decker Road Ride. 

This year’s Double Decker Road Ride has three fully-supported ride distances starting at 9:00 A.M. from the Whirlpool parking lot (take Coliseum exit off Hwy 6, head ¼ mile south?into Whirlpool parking lot) in Oxford, MS.

These rides will head south of town to the small artists’ community of Taylor, MS, and also beyond for the longer Double Decker rides.

Pre-registration is available online with RacesOnLine:
https://www.racesonline.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=public.race_detail&race_id=6654?

For complete listings of the art vendors and musicians, check out: http://www.oxfordcvb.com/doubledecker/index.html

To stay up-to-date with events going on during the Double Decker Arts Festival, check out:

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/doubledeckerfestival

Twitter: @DoubleDeckerArt

Darby Radcliff is a junior at Ole Miss majoring in Magazine Journalism, the Founder and Editor-in-Chief of the Her Campus chapter at Ole Miss, as well as a member of the Delta Delta Delta sorority. Besides having a passion for journalism, Darby has always had a strong interest in fashion, and has had the amazing opportunity to attend and cover runway shows and fashion presentations for various fashion editorial sites and style blogs during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York City, Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim in Miami, as well as she has covered L.A. Fashion Week.