david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Universal Halloween Horror Nights

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ole Miss chapter.

By: Ellie Greenberger

So my family does used to take our family on trips for Halloween. My birthday and my two other brothers birthday both fall around Oct. 31. So instead of presents and parties, my parents would take us to do things. One of the coolest things that I ever got to do was go to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios in Orlando. 

Halloween Horror Nights is a series of high tech incredibly well done haunted houses. A lot of them were based on horror movies and TV shows. I am not a huge horror movie fan, but I love haunted houses. 

My brothers were younger so my dad decided to go with me. I thought that he would make me feel safer… He only laughed whenever I would scream. But either way we had so much fun. At the time I was younger and it was incredible to get a chance to see so many different people of different ages all in one place. 

One of the most terrifying moments of it all was the fact that they have areas where people in costumes roam around trying to pop out behind you. In addition, they open a select number of rides for the night so that some of the rollercoasters are operating. Rollercoasters also happen to be one of my favorite things. 

Photo by Robert Heiser on Unsplash

For this year here is a list of the themed houses at Orlando Universal Halloween Horror Nights. Dates range from Sept. 14 to Nov. 3:

• Stranger Things
  • Halloween 4
  • Poltergeist 
  • Trick’r Treat Halloween Maze
  • The Horrors of Blum House
  • Carnival Graveyard
  • Dead Exposure
  • Scary Tales Deadly Ever After
  • Seeds of Extinction
  • Slaughter Cinema 

Check out more at:  https://orlando.halloweenhorrornights.com/site/

Ellie Greenberger is a junior at the University of Mississippi pursuing a degree in Journalism with a specialization in PR and a minor in English. She is a member of the Sally McDonnell Barksdale Honors College and Delta Gamma sorority. She also contributes to Populi, the Honors College literary magazine. Ellie was born in Memphis, TN, but also grew up in Atlanta, GA. She loves fiction and friends (both the TV show and her own). She also enjoys revolving her social life around whatever food she can eat next.