Spring Has Sprung: The Perfect Feel-Good Playlist of the Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ole Miss chapter.

By Mavis Heasley

New season, new music. It’s the wonderful season of spring: the flowers are blooming, the temperature’s rising, and you’re on the hunt for some good music to put you in a sunny mood. Although some great albums are being released just in time for warmer days (cough, Billie Eilish’s “WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?” is now available), there’s nothing better than kicking back and jamming to some classics. If you are in search of some new music or some familiar bops from the past, I have just the thing for you.

Photo by John Tekeridis from Pexels

Spotify is a beautifully convenient platform where you can keep up with the current chart-toppers, listen to playlists made by friends, or go the nostalgic route and reminisce on early 2000s pop (I miss you, Britney). With that being said, of course, I had to make a playlist for spring; not only does it have some songs you may not have heard before, but also a good amount of well-known, upbeat songs that never get old. Entering the new spring season with this playlist guarantees not only a good mood but also the good vibes you need to get you through the day. Happy listening!

Click here for the playlist, which features WALK THE MOON, Arctic Monkeys, the Smashing Pumpkins, the Strokes, the 1975, Childish Gambino, Florence + the Machine, and others! 

HC Ole Miss
Taylor is a senior at the University of Mississippi. She is a Physics and Biology major minoring in Chemistry and Italian. Taylor is a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Ole Miss and was a founding member of the Ole Miss chapter. Taylor also serves as the Treasurer of Society of Physics Students and mentor to 33 wonderful transfer students at her university. She absolutely loves to dress up, no matter the occasion. Also an avid cosplayer, she loves attending comic conventions and showing off her Wonder Woman cosplay as well as her Raven costume. Taylor loves to write about her personal experiences and how-to articles.