Rebels Second Half Route Gets First SEC Victory in 16 Games

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ole Miss chapter.

By: Ryan Schmelz

See Bo throw, see Bo run, see Bo catch, see Ole Miss beat Auburn 41-20 Saturday at Vault-Hemmingway stadium. Wallace was responsible for four scores including two rushing touchdowns, a passing touchdown, and even a reception touchdown from a Randle Mackey pass.

The Rebels had a turnover free day on offense while the defense had two critical turnovers including a fumble recovery in the end-zone by C.J. Johnson.

Mike Marry had a standout day on defense. Leading the team with six tackles, a sack and an interception with four minutes left that led to the Rebels gain a sealing touchdown run from Bo Wallace.

After the game, fans stayed in their seats while Head Coach Hugh Freeze finished his postgame interview. The fans cheered on the coach, while he was on his way to the locker room after the Rebel’s first SEC win in 16 games.

Darby Radcliff is a junior at Ole Miss majoring in Magazine Journalism, the Founder and Editor-in-Chief of the Her Campus chapter at Ole Miss, as well as a member of the Delta Delta Delta sorority. Besides having a passion for journalism, Darby has always had a strong interest in fashion, and has had the amazing opportunity to attend and cover runway shows and fashion presentations for various fashion editorial sites and style blogs during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York City, Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim in Miami, as well as she has covered L.A. Fashion Week.