etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

New Semester, New Season of Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ole Miss chapter.

By: Morgan Blythe

With a new semester, it seems as if an entirely new season of life has just begun. Each and every time.  It comes simultaneously and all at once with excitement and anxiety. I kind of love it, the fresh start and new opportunity for growth and change, but it is congruently TERRIFYING. 

New classes, having to find a new person to sit by, a new schedule, friends who have entirely different schedules. I mean so much changes it takes time to adjust and refocus. 

There is difficult change, the kind that shakes you up inside and is uncomfortable and weird. It makes life difficult and sometimes, these changes take our joy that we had found with comfort and ease. Whether your friends are changing, plans are changing, or absolutely everything is changing and there is nothing solid, take heart and know that often from the difficult and thorny ground there can be so much growth. 

While growth is great, it has to begin somewhere. Sometimes is starts by the seemingly impossible task of getting up and having the energy to get to class, be social, or function as a human being (we have ALL been there). That being said, from that difficulty, there is also something that can be learned. There is a possibility that this newness is leading  you to taking the time to rest and care of yourself.  Rest is certainly still something I’m attempting to learn. From the difficulty there is growth that comes from unexpected ground. There are a number of manners or possibilities it comes in, and it doesn’t look the same for everyone. Hear me, it doesn’t look the same for everyone.  

For me, a new semester always feels like a new opportunity, even with the change of classes, friendships, and life in general. 

https://www.pexels.com/photo/have-a-great-day-sticker-on-brown-surface-1…

So much can happen in a semester. 

Maybe growth will come from sharing life with someone, even if it is only for a moment. Maybe that is what comes with your new season, intentionality. 

Maybe it is working out and eating clean. Maybe it is eating more of what makes your stomach smile. Maybe it is being more positive. Maybe it’s watching more daytime TV (who am I to judge?). Your new season can entail absolutely anything, and there are endless possibilities. 

The new season brings new change and growth.. There are new sources of joy, and there is new light. I encourage you to find them. Look where the light pours in. For me, that is in Jesus. In His light, I have the beautiful assurance of life and peace and hope. 

Find where the light pours in during this season or all seasons, friend. It’s a new season of life. 

HC Ole Miss