This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ole Miss chapter.

Now I know that taking 3 hours out of your busy schedule sounds near impossible, but I promise you it will all be worth it in the end.  Even if it means missing out on bingeing your new favorite Netflix show, you can find the time.  I will give you affordable ways and tips to organize your school and social life, plus your living space! 

School life:

• Download all of your classes syllabus’ and locate the due dates section

• Class by Class put down every assignment deadline for the current month into a Microsoft Word Calendar 

• Color code each class 

• Print out the customized calendar and hang it above your desk in your room or somewhere you know you will look daily

• If you need extra reminders and want notifications for your assignment due dates, check out Any.do! 

• Just sign up for a free account, and you can sync your created reminders on your computer and through the Any.do app on your phone!

Social life:

• Rule #1, Education comes first.  The reason you went to college in the first place is to get an education. Remember that missing one night out at Rafters to get rest for your upcoming test is not the end of the world.

• When you decide to go out to The Square, go early in the day to get a wristband.  This way, you won’t have to worry about paying an expensive cover. 

• Another great way to save money on a night out is to take out cash from your card before.  Take only the allotted cash and leave your wallet at home.

• Put your ID and money in a sticky pocket from Amazon that attaches to the back of your phone.

• Check your calendar before saying yes to any social activities. You don’t want to flake on a friend

• Note scheduled socials into the academic calendar you created for your school life or in the Any.do app.

Living Space:

• Throwing all of your pencils, pens, and highlighters in a drawer is a definite no.  Use these desk organizers to keep the inside of your desk from looking like a junk drawer.

• Keep all of your notebooks and binders for each class in a magazine file holder.

Kamryn Norus

Ole Miss '23

Kamryn Norus Attends the University of Mississippi. She enjoys creative writing and graphic design. Kami aspires to help college women become a better version of themselves!