This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ole Miss chapter.

By Marley Cruise

One thing people learn about me pretty fast is that I have a shopping problem. Nothing makes me feel better when I’m in a nervous panic than buying a new pair of jeans or an eyeshadow palette I don’t need. A lesson I’ve learned from my shopping habits is that shoes can make or break an outfit. This one fact has lead me to develop a list of five shoes that every girl should own.

1. The Interview Shoe

You know this shoe. She’s simple, comfortable, and classy. She’s your first pick when the dress code for an event is “business but ready to walk”. Mine is a pair of three-inch closed toe black wedges that go with any outfit and are comfortable all day.

2. The Sexy Heel

She is beautiful and impractical in the best way. Often you find yourself pulling out this number when going to parties or events that include dancing. If you’re me, you trip and fall at least once, but it’s okay because beauty is pain.

3. The Comfy Tennis Shoe

She is casual, sporty, and unencumbering. You probably wear her most days whether it be to your 8 A.M.s or to Walmart. I wear mine so often that they require a run through the washing machine at the end of the month.

4. The Slip-on Sandal  

She is the summertime twin of the comfy tennis shoe. She is comfortable and shows off your pedicure. You wear her to the beach, to the movies, and on dates. After summer, I can often be heard complaining about the tan lines they have left on my feet.

5. The Heavy Boots

She can be rain boots, combat boots, or Uggs. The point is that she keeps your feet warm and dry in the winter months. Whether it is raining, snowing, or below freezing, this shoe has got you covered. A personal favorite of mine that I often wear is my Doc Martens. These beauties are good to wear from September to March.

Sarah Smith

Ole Miss '20

Sarah is a Journalism student at the University of Mississippi. She is currently working on her first novel which she hopes to be published before she finishes college in 2020. Nerd to the heart, Sarah is always blasting Guardians of the Galaxy in her car, and her dorm or house is where the nerdy movie and book fest never ends. She aspires to be a lifestyles magazine writer and a novelist after college.