Style

7 Fall Fashion Pieces You Need This Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ole Miss chapter.

By Sarah Smith

Photo courtesy of Aerie

1. Open back Sweaters

Sweaters are a fall staple, but this fall, these are particularly hot. With the open back, these are like the new cold shoulder.

Photo courtesy of J. Crew Factory

2.  High rise button fly jeans

These jeans are giving us major 70s vibes, and we’re in love!

Photo courtesy of DSW

3. Combat Boots  

A fall staple every year…but what list would complete without them? Also, these Steve Madden combat boots are super cute in white.

Photo courtesy of Scarfashion on Etsy

4. Chunky Scarves

If you’re dealing with the chilly commute to class and wanna stay cute, this is a great way to do that.

Photo courtesy of H&M

5. Over the Knee Socks

Anyone else get major Lara Jean vibes? I do, and I adore it!

Photo courtesy of Nasty Gal

6.  Hoop earrings

Anybody else think about Gretchen from Mean Girls? Well, good news for you, you can wear hoops because they’re not just Regina’s thing! And these from Nasty Gal are super cute.

Sarah Smith

Ole Miss '20

Sarah is a Journalism student at the University of Mississippi. She is currently working on her first novel which she hopes to be published before she finishes college in 2020. Nerd to the heart, Sarah is always blasting Guardians of the Galaxy in her car, and her dorm or house is where the nerdy movie and book fest never ends. She aspires to be a lifestyles magazine writer and a novelist after college.