This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Old Westbury chapter.

Every month is wonderful however, there is nothing like my favorite month of the year November! While others may have different opinions, there are many reasons as to why November is just fabulous.

1. Let’s start with the first reason. I am a November girl therefore, it is Scorpio season when legends are born.

2. We are in a mix between Fall and Winter, where it is not too cold and not too hot. You can get the best scenery views to capture the best pictures; as the leaves have a colorful touch of yellow, orange, red, and brown.

3. My favorite fashion looks can be worn such as, boots, scarfs, vests, long sweaters, flannels, light cardigans, and you can wear the best warm nudes for make-up.

4. We got to sleep in an extra hour more from daylight savings. Who doesn’t like this one.

5. My favorite holiday, Thanksgiving! The best time of the year where you get to be surrounded by loved ones and be grateful for everything we have. Aside from the parades and the delicious homemade meals.

6. Black Friday! If you love to shop like myself and do not mind the crowds and the huge lines just to get some great deals. This day is every shopaholics national day.

7. Lastly, my girl Mariah Carey is playing all the way ‘til December. Listening to her Album while decorating and putting up the Christmas tree is a must!

Jessinta Smith

Old Westbury

Jessinta is a Media and Communications major at SUNY Old Westbury, and has written for varying outlets including Out.com and StudyBreaks. She edits, writes, and is CC for HCOW, and discusses everything from mental health to politics. To see more of her work or get in contact with her, visit jessintawrites.wordpress.com.