This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Old Westbury chapter.

On September 8th, Singer-Songwriter Rihanna blessed us all with her debut makeup line called “Fenty Beauty”. Rihanna’s launch included highlight and contour sticks, a universal lip gloss shade, highlighting powders and forty different foundation shades. Many have been pleased with the quality of the products, but the public has been more impressed by the fact that Rihanna created a makeup line that catered to women of all different skin colors and backgrounds.  A majority of the makeup brands on the market continue to fail women of darker skin tones, making Fenty Beauty revolutionary in the beauty world. In a press release and on the Beauty Line’s website, Rihanna stated that her goal when creating Fenty Beauty was inclusivity, and she definitely pulled through!

Since Fenty Beauty’s release earlier this week, almost all the dark shades in the Pro Filt’r foundation have sold out, as many consumers were grateful to finally see products that were appropriate for their skin tone. Beauty comes in all different shades, skin tones, and textures, and a makeup line that finally caters to and celebrates the beauty of EVERYONE was long overdue. Like most people, I look forward to seeing what else Rihanna has in store, and hope that Rihanna influences other beauty brands who are not focusing on inclusion when creating their products.

You can now purchase Fenty Beauty at your nearest Sephora store or Online at FentyBeauty.com!!

Jessinta Smith

Old Westbury

Jessinta is a Media and Communications major at SUNY Old Westbury, and has written for varying outlets including Out.com and StudyBreaks. She edits, writes, and is CC for HCOW, and discusses everything from mental health to politics. To see more of her work or get in contact with her, visit jessintawrites.wordpress.com.