jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

A How To Guide For Surviving Mondays

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Old Westbury chapter.

There are many reasons why people dread Mondays. Sometimes it’s just the feeling of going back into a routine life that makes us feel like Mondays are the worst days of the week, unlike Fridays and the weekend where you can explore and have fun without worrying about work or school. Here are a couple of ways to survive Mondays.

1. Plan your Mondays in advance! Get your clothes and essentials ready the day before and go to bed early. Start with your favorite breakfast, pack your favorite lunch and plan something not in your routine. A walk in the park, go watch a movie or any other activity that you enjoy.

2. Make a playlist of all your favorite songs. Sing your lungs out on your way to work or school. Bring your headphones in case you need a mini American idol session throughout the day.

3. Make time to chat and catch up with friends. Maybe do a fun activity with them, my friends and I kick a soccer ball around during common hour, others go to lunch. Anything to get you some social interaction can take the ease off on Mondays.

4. Join a club. You might actually discover your passion and make new friends with similar passions. You can even join a sports team.

5. Watch your favorite show on Netflix and eat your favorite snack, in your favorite pjs, with your favorite blanket to end the day.

Follow these few easy steps and I guarantee you will enjoy your Monday!

Jessinta Smith

Old Westbury

Jessinta is a Media and Communications major at SUNY Old Westbury, and has written for varying outlets including Out.com and StudyBreaks. She edits, writes, and is CC for HCOW, and discusses everything from mental health to politics. To see more of her work or get in contact with her, visit jessintawrites.wordpress.com.