This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Old Westbury chapter.

Although we have not experienced fall weather yet, there are simple things that you should have in your closet to prepare for fall. These items can help your fall outfits look effortless and cute. 

1. Denim shirts

Denim shirts are a great staple to have in your closet. You can dress your denim shirt up with a faux leather skirt, or go casual and wear it with jeans. 

2. Infinity scarf

An infinity scarf is another great staple to have in your closet. It stays in place, and you don’t have to worry about getting creative in regards to styling your scarf. You can throw it on over a long or short-sleeved tee with jeans and booties, and you will have a casual but cute outfit. 

3. Oversized sweater

An oversized sweater can be a girl’s best friend. You can dress it down with leggings and UGGs, or you can dress it up with jeans and knee high boots. 

4. Knit cardigan

A good knit cardigan can keep you warm on really cold days, and it will save you the burden of having to wear a heavy jacket. 

5. Wool hat

A wool hat is a great fashion piece. Even if you are casually dressed, a wool hat and booties can make you look dressed up. 

6. Bomber jacket

Bomber jackets can be found in any retail store, and you don’t have to break your pocket to get your hands on one. Bomber jackets are great for days when you want to be simple.  

7. Chelsea boots

Chelsea boots are great for the fall. They look good with almost anything. You can wear your Chelsea boots with jeans, skirts, and dresses and look cute with any combination.  

I am a college student who loves to read, write, and meet new people.
Jessinta Smith

Old Westbury

Jessinta is a Media and Communications major at SUNY Old Westbury, and has written for varying outlets including Out.com and StudyBreaks. She edits, writes, and is CC for HCOW, and discusses everything from mental health to politics. To see more of her work or get in contact with her, visit jessintawrites.wordpress.com.