Eminem’s Coming For Trump in New Song

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Old Westbury chapter.

Eminem has basically lost his s*** on Donald Trump. In his new rap Campaign Speech, the rapper did not hold back while addressing the presidential nominee and his supporters. “Run the faucet, Imma dunk a bunch of Trump supporters under water, snuck up on them in Ray-Bans in a gray van with a spray tan.” Obviously, Eminem is not Trump’s biggest fan.

In addition to wanting to apparently drown Trump supporters, Eminem includes the lyrics “You say Trump don’t kiss ass like a puppet, ‘cause he runs his campaign with his own cash for the fundin’, and that’s what you wanted, a f*****’ loose cannon who’s blunt with his hand on the button.” Seriously going in, the Real Slim Shady stood up and let everyone know the issues presented with Trump. Issues that not only Eminem has with him, but which many people in America and the world possess.

Not only did Shady drag Trump but he brought up Robin Thick, Casey Anthony, George Zimmerman, and many other people who have been shady AF lately. The rap isn’t just fantastic because it touches on real issues plaguing America, but because it manages to stand alone with only rhythm and word play. Even if you don’t care about politics you could still listen to the song because it’s a solid rap in general, and has a freestyle vibe that makes it feel raw and true. There is very little background beat, so Eminem could let go for almost eight minutes saying what he felt was needed. The whole rap is consistent, and ends simply with “Why am I such a d****”

The lyrics are raw and true, and the song is one hundred percent Eminem letting us all know how he feels about everything going on. It manages to represent what a lot of us “regular” people are feeling during this election, and captures how frustrated people are feeling. If nothing else comes out of this election, at least we know Eminem was inspired and pissed enough to write a new album. Trump has not responded… Listen to Campaign Speech!

Jessinta Smith

Old Westbury

Jessinta is a Media and Communications major at SUNY Old Westbury, and has written for varying outlets including Out.com and StudyBreaks. She edits, writes, and is CC for HCOW, and discusses everything from mental health to politics. To see more of her work or get in contact with her, visit jessintawrites.wordpress.com.
Nathalie Ligonde is a senior at SUNY at Old Westbury majoring in Media and Communications. She is a Campus Co-Correspondent at Her Campus at Old Westbury. Ligonde is passionate about travelling, writing and learning new languages. She enjoys binging TV shows and movies on Netflix and loves hanging out with her friends. Her dream is to make a difference in the world by inspiring people to love themselves and others for who they are. You can follow her on Instagram to see all her adventures: @nathzwhatz