This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Old Westbury chapter.

I picked 5 of my favorite makeup looks from Pinterest, and I picked one for each “time of the day”. I threw in a few tips and ideas. Just know, this is makeup, so feel free to improvise! Everyone is different, you know what looks good on you. Adjust it. Enjoy!

Morning Breakfast – Eggs, Cheese, and Toast!

The morning is the when you have a lot of natural light shining on you. It’s also when your skin has just woken up so you shouldn’t go heavy on it. The best thing to do is apply some sunscreen, tinted moisturizer, a natural lip color and blush, and some light highlighter. It is time to show off your natural features, it provides intimacy and allure.

Lunch – “Munch, Munch. Time for tea.”

Lunch time can be casual and/ or classy but we know it’s usually the most hectic time of day as well. You don’t have much time to go for a full glam, but that’s okay! Simple goes a long way! Throw on some light soft eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara (even some natural fake lashes for a little flirty look), matte wear-proof lipstick because we don’t want our lipstick to come off when we’re munching (That’s a definite no-no). But hey! If you wanna throw on some sheer lipstick or lip gloss to make your lips look delicious go ahead! Who said food was the only thing we could eat during lunch?

Beach – Goddess Alert!

I love this look for the beach. I don’t want eyeliner when I’m going to the beach. I like to mix up natural and glam there. We’re aiming for beach goddess status people! Have a nice nude, natural palette on your eyes with a light sparkly eyeshadow on your eyes so that your eyes glow. Throw on a pair of sexy mink lashes, and if you want to- pump it up with mascara. Who doesn’t like a nice little push up? Yes please! Gloss all the way here! Again with some sparkle. You wanna shine when that sun hits you!

Dinner – Wine or Tequila?

Classy and sexy are the two words I think of when I hear dinner. I prefer formal dinners. But! I chose this look because it compliments both formal and casual dinners. If you’re going for a classy outfit, this is the way to go! Soft bangin’ glam, eyebrows done on fleek, check! Cuttin’ edge eyeliner with the flick of my wrist, ouch! Sexy lashes (or natural, you do you boo boo). Lastly, EVERY-TING proof lipstick!!! But keep a pocket mirror just in case you need it, life tends to be unpredictable. For my casual girls throw on a simple dress and there you go. It’s a classic.

Party – “Yasss pleaseee.”

You can do anything with this look. It’s smoky (and smoky = sexy, quick math). It’s alluring. It’s confident. Best of all, it goes with a lot of things. This is my go-to party look. If you wanna wear natural or no lashes, go ahead. If you want to wear eyeliner, PUT IT ON. If you want to add more glitter, flash, camera, sparkleee! You will slay whatever you do.

These were just some of my favorite makeup looks on Pinterest. If you loved them, I’m glad! I hope it helped and that you found some inspiration. Whatever you do, know that makeup has no rules. Makeup is a form of self reflection. Your face (or whoever you’re putting makeup on) is your canvas. Do what makes you feel good and don’t let anybody tell you it’s wrong. Because there is no “WRONG” in makeup.

Maryam Ansari

Old Westbury

Jessinta Smith

Old Westbury

Jessinta is a Media and Communications major at SUNY Old Westbury, and has written for varying outlets including Out.com and StudyBreaks. She edits, writes, and is CC for HCOW, and discusses everything from mental health to politics. To see more of her work or get in contact with her, visit jessintawrites.wordpress.com.