This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Old Westbury chapter.

Midterm season is here, and it’s safe to say most college students are freaking out about the impending array of exams and papers. These five GIFs explain the stages of finals week pretty well:

1. That moment when you realize your exam is tomorrow and you haven’t opened a book at all this semester.

2. When you open your exam only to find out the entire thing is short answer questions.

3. When it’s 11:57pm and your paper is due at 11:59pm.

4. When you’ve taken 4 exams and written 4 papers in a span of 5 days and you’re feeling a little (okay, a lot) burnt out.

5. When midterm week is finally over and you get to take a much needed nap.

Here’s to surviving midterm week — spring break is within reach!

Colleen Werner is a junior psychology major at SUNY Old Westbury, and she plans on going to graduate school to become a Licensed Mental Health Counselor who specializes in Eating Disorders. She also aspires to start an eating disorder treatment created specifically for dancers. Her Instagram account/blog, @leenahlovesherself, which centers around body-positivity, self-love, eating disorder awareness, and mental health has deeply inspired thousands, and after creating the hashtag #BopoBallerina, Colleen was featured by Yahoo, National Eating Disorders Association, Dailymotion, A Plus, Dance.com, and several international news outlets. In addition to her work on her Instagram, Colleen is a member of the Advisory Panel for YPAD (Youth Protection Advocates in Dance), a National Ambassador for Project HEAL, and a Brand Ambassador for Wear Your Label.
Jessinta Smith

Old Westbury

Jessinta is a Media and Communications major at SUNY Old Westbury, and has written for varying outlets including Out.com and StudyBreaks. She edits, writes, and is CC for HCOW, and discusses everything from mental health to politics. To see more of her work or get in contact with her, visit jessintawrites.wordpress.com.