burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

What Love Song You Should Listen to Based on Your Fav Accessory

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oklahoma chapter.

Photo by STIL on Unsplash

A perfect accessory can complete any outfit and a perfect song can complete the soundtrack to your walk to class, study session, or car ride. Taylor Swift’s newest album, Lover, is full of tracks that effortlessly portray the complexity of love and the beauty of everyday life. Your choice in accessory may say more about you than you think! So here is what song off of Loveryou should jam to based on your go-to accessory.

1.    Circle Sunglasses: Cornelia Street

If you reach for some funky sunglasses as a last-minute addition to your outfit walking out the door, Cornelia Street is all you! With a slower tempo and quirky breaks, it fits your spontaneous and groovy personality to round out today’s playlist.

Image via Pinterest

​

2.    Pearl Barrettes: Lover

One of my favorite newest trends couples perfectly with the namesake song of the album. Both have a soft vibe and inspire a feeling of creativity and boundless opportunity. If you’re a pearl barrette wearer, fully embrace the whimsy of both the accessory and the song and add Loverto your que!

Image via Pinterest

3.    Hair Scarves: Paper Rings

A little more fun and flirty than the other accessories mean that you’re nothing less than both of those qualities! Paper Rings is the one for you, with an up-tempo and jivey feel, it’s sure to make you want to swing that hair scarf dancing around your kitchen.

Image via Pinterest​

4.    Red Lipstick: The Man

The boldness of choosing to rock red lipstick means you’re all in for the pointedness and general swagger of The Man. In this song, Taylor attacks double standards she’s faced head-on and in an unafraid and striking way. Red lipstick is a total power move and if that’s your style, The Man is sure to add some extra sass to your day. 

See also: I Forgot That You Existed

Image via Pinterest

​

5.    Cowboy Boots: London Boy

The song, London Boy, is a cheeky and playful chronicle of a relationship with an Englishman. Cowboy boots are a wonderful juxtaposition to the stories of London activities, phrases, and memories. The song will inspire a feeling of wanderlust and the boots will keep you grounded in your favorite all-American addition to an outfit. 

Image via Pinterest

Grace Shoop

Oklahoma '23

I'm from Lubbock, Texas and studying journalism now. I've loved writing for as long as I can remember and think it's such a special way to make connections and help people feel seen and heard. My insta is @graceeshoop!
Emily Parker

Oklahoma '19

Hi my name is Emily Parker and I am a senior at the Univeristy of Oklahoma! I am from Tucson, Arizona and I am majoring in Business Marketing and minoring in Art. After graduation I would like to travel abroad and pursue a career in fashion marketing!