We have to talk about the Captain Marvel trailer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oklahoma chapter.

Photo by Christian Wiediger on Unsplash

*Fangirl Scream* OhmygodtheCaptainMarveltrailer

I don’t know about you but this beautiful piece of cinematic GOLD just came into my life and I already have a countdown on my phone. Two minutes of pure joy. Let’s break it down.

First things first, the crash directly into Blockbuster Video store. An iconic piece of American history. Brings back memories of fighting with my brother over which movie we were renting for the week. Absolutely stunning.

Next, this beautiful battle-clad blonde bombshell of a person. Brie Larson as Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel. Wow. Right alongside a stunning Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury pre-eye patch. As Captain Marvel is the first super that he ever meets, it should be interesting to see how the normally unbothered Fury reacts to this new world. I gotta say, the de-aging process done by Marvel is absolutely amazing. If you didn’t know the actor was nearly 70 years old (yeah, 70. I didn’t believe it either) you would never be able to tell that they altered him in any way.

The plot. Is she human? Is she alien? Where did she come from? Where did she go? Where did she come from, Cotton-eyed Joe? Are her memories real? Who is invading earth this time? What the hell is going on here?

And lastly, the fade in from “Her” to “A Hero.” Feminist as fuck. Absolutely iconic. March 2019 cannot come fast enough. I’m beyond ready for all the action-packed deliciousness that this movie has to offer. And you best know I’m gonna be binge watching marvel movies from start to finish before the premier. Bring on the popcorn!

Morgan is a social work major with minors in social justice and Spanish at the University of Oklahoma. In her free time, Morgan enjoys reading, writing, getting tattoos, watching Netflix, fighting the patriarchy, and taking naps.
Emily Parker

Oklahoma '19

Hi my name is Emily Parker and I am a senior at the Univeristy of Oklahoma! I am from Tucson, Arizona and I am majoring in Business Marketing and minoring in Art. After graduation I would like to travel abroad and pursue a career in fashion marketing!