Some of the Best Eats in Norman, as According to Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oklahoma chapter.

Photo by Daria Shevtsova from Pexels

It’s that time of year again! Everyone is back in Norman and getting excited for what the next semester has in store. Being in Norman again also means that the giant masses of students at the University of Oklahoma now have access to all the amazing restaurants Norman has to offer. As a self proclaimed foodie, I love to explore new places. Here are some of my favorites, with some input from other students.

1. Van’s Pig Stand

This place has some of the best barbecue. It is truly a gameday staple in my family. They have barbecue sandwiches, assorted meats, and amazing sides. I have been coming here for years, and I would definitely recommend it.

Image via Yelp​

2. Victoria’s Pasta Shop

This place is simple and lovely in the best way. When you go, you know that you will be in for a delicious meal. Lasagna rolls is their specialty, but even their basic spaghetti and meatballs is good. (Plus that cheese bread, anyone?)

Image via Victoria’s Pasta Shop​

3. Tarahumara’s

Tarahumara’s has an incredibly extensive menu, and each item has a photo. I’ve never been disappointed here. The flavors are all so complex and delicious. Plus, the service is incredibly fast! Make sure to ask for the green sauce with your chips!

Image via USA Restaraunts​

4. Syrup

Syrup is definitely a favorite when it comes to brunch in Norman. The French Toast and Huevos Rancheros are favorites. This is definitely a place to check out!

Image via Yelp

5. Torchy’s

Even the Torchy’s menu is fun to look at. They play with flavors in such a fun and interesting way! Pretty much anytime I’ve heard anyone talk about this place, their review is insanely positive.

Image via Torchy’s​

6. Tatsumaki

I come here all the time, and it is literally amazing. I have introduced so many people to Tatsumaki because I talk about it all the time. I have wanted to explore their menu a little, but their ramen is so good that I cannot order anything else (I personally get the Gyoza Miso Ramen). Pretty much anytime I go out to dinner, I am coming here.

Image via Ramen Tatsumaki 

7. Thai Thai

Thai Thai is sort of hidden in a strip right across the street from Norman High School. My dad and I (both Yelp aficionados) stumbled upon this place one evening while he was visiting, and we both fell in love. We’ve definitely been back since then. Their fresh roll is absolutely packed with fresh veggies, and I would recommend that for sure.

Image via Thai Thai

​

Hailey Welch

Oklahoma '21

Hailey Welch is majoring in Chemical Biosciences with a final goal of studying the brain. While loving science, she also appreciates the need for creative development and self expression. Her hobbies include trying new foods, talking to her mom on the phone, looking at squirrel videos on Instagram, and getting distracted by HerCampus articles.
Emily Parker

Oklahoma '19

Hi my name is Emily Parker and I am a senior at the Univeristy of Oklahoma! I am from Tucson, Arizona and I am majoring in Business Marketing and minoring in Art. After graduation I would like to travel abroad and pursue a career in fashion marketing!