Style > Beauty

Product Review: Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oklahoma chapter.

Image via Sephora

I’ll have to admit that I love curly or wavy hair and I’ve always wanted it. I have thick, semi-wavy, semi-straight hair, which makes it difficult to completely curl my hair with a wand. I’ve looked for products that give me a nice wave or curl, but haven’t been satisfied with the results.  

When I came across the Bumble and Bumble product in Ulta, I was a little skeptical. The price was around twenty-seven dollars, which is more than I typically spend on a hair product. I’d heard great things about the brand before, so I figured I could give it a shot.

The Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray is now my new, go-to product for creating beachy waves without using a heat product. After I got out of the shower, I toweled off my hair until it was damp before I brushed it out and then sprayed the product evenly through my hair. I then scrunched my hair until I got the desired results I wanted.

In about ten minutes, my hair was nice and wavy! There were even some nice chunks that were curly. The overall product did a great job getting my hair to behave while having a nice wave. My hair lasted through the school day with little effort and no other products added!

Image by Meagan Loyd  ​

The product is not heavily scented or heavy. It didn’t leave my hair crunchy or with nasty residues. This also didn’t dry out my hair or my scalp. I love that my hair remained soft after application, making my hair look and feel more natural.

This product adds volume, texture, and creates beachy waves with a few simple spritzes. It is free of parabens, phthalates, mineral oils and formaldehyde.  

This product is for sure the best sea salt spray for my hair! I love this stuff! It’s easy to use, doesn’t leave any residue or crunchy feelings and lasts all day. Don’t let the price tag fool you. This spray will do an excellent job to keep your hair looking great with only a few sprays.

Meagan Loyd is a senior at the University of Oklahoma studying Professional Writing at Gaylord College of Journalism. She loves Target, Starbucks, quarter-zip sweatshirts, Chicago Cubs Baseball, Sooner Football, and all of the books!
Emily Parker

Oklahoma '19

Hi my name is Emily Parker and I am a senior at the Univeristy of Oklahoma! I am from Tucson, Arizona and I am majoring in Business Marketing and minoring in Art. After graduation I would like to travel abroad and pursue a career in fashion marketing!