Style > Beauty

Our 4 Favorite Inclusive Beauty Brands to Give All Your Money

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oklahoma chapter.

Image courtesy of Bruce Mars

For as long as the beauty industry has been around, it has been notoriously problematic for its lack of diverse and inclusive products. Wearing makeup is an excellent form of self-expression, and should be open to anyone willing to put down their whole paycheck for a great foundation or eyeshadow palette while online shopping.

Here are four of our favorite high-quality and inclusive beauty brands that buck the Eurocentricity and heteronormativity that has plagued the fashion industry for centuries.

Fenty Beauty

First of all, any beauty brand started by Rihanna can take all my money. Fenty Beauty shines in nearly every facet of quality makeup. It does what it advertises, it’s long-lasting, and most importantly, there is a shade available for nearly every skin tone — something that a majority of makeup lines lack.

Favorite Product: Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation (in 40 shades!)

Fluide

Fluide is a brand new, LGBTQ-friendly makeup brand designed to be inclusive to all genders and skin tones. It’s not often that you see genderqueer representation in the beauty industry, so this brand is a must have for me. Fluide’s line features gorgeous liquid matte lipsticks in bold colors, glitter to accentuate any part of your face, and seven nail polish colors sure to bring any look together.

Favorite Product: Liquid Lipstick in Dalston Superstore

Glossier

Glossier is a top-notch beauty brand that takes its inspiration from real people. This brand is the most well-rounded of the list, featuring skincare products, makeup, and fragrances. The shade range for the Perfecting Skin Tint isn’t doesn’t have as much variety as Fenty Beauty, but still features five shades ranging from light to rich.

Favorite Product: Lidstar Duo Cream Eyeshadow

Wet ‘N Wild

Wet ‘N Wild is a staple drug store brand. Their line features affordable, high-quality products in a diverse range of shades and colors. They were also one of the first beauty brands to feature a brand ambassador with albinism — yet another group of people who are generally left out of the fashion industry. Their products are all cruelty free and you can buy several of their products without blowing your entire paycheck!

Favorite Product: MegaGlo Highlighting Palette

Syd Stephenson

Oklahoma '20

Syd is an LGBTQ Studies junior at the University of Oklahoma. Currently, they are the senior editor for Her Campus, OU and a national blogger for Her Campus. After college, Sawyer hopes to work in journalism, the non-profit sector or as a lawyer. Previously, they were the assistant engagement managing editor and copy editor at the OU Daily. In their free time, they love to rock climb, exercise, read books about food, play with their cat Pizza, and put stickers on everything.
Emily Parker

Oklahoma '19

Hi my name is Emily Parker and I am a senior at the Univeristy of Oklahoma! I am from Tucson, Arizona and I am majoring in Business Marketing and minoring in Art. After graduation I would like to travel abroad and pursue a career in fashion marketing!