This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oklahoma chapter.

Photo by Gerson Repreza on Unsplash

Most people who are from Oklahoma know that it has much more to offer than what you can find on Yelp. I am from Dallas, so it took me a little while to realize that the famous food spots and secret bars in Oklahoma are worth a visit.

If you are in the mood for a great home-cooked meal near Norman, Kendall’s is the place to go. The atmosphere is homey and the food is delicious. They also bring you a cinnamon roll at the end… so seriously, go!

If you are up for more of an adventure, head to Okarche, OK for the best fried chicken you will ever taste. Eischens is the oldest bar in Oklahoma, and definitely my favorite. 

Image via Pinterest

If you need a night out with your friends, but you are tired of Campus Corner, head to OKC and go to one of the coolest bowling alleys near school. The Dust Bowl will give you a 60’s vibe with great cocktails and music. 

If you do not feel like going far, Ozzie’s Diner has the best pancakes in town. It is in an airport which is a little bit strange, but it is a super fun place to go with your friends after a night out.

We all know the little secrets of our hometown. Everybody knows that great food and friends can make a transition feel easier. If you are not from Oklahoma, these spots might make you feel more at home. 

Erin Feherty

Oklahoma '21

I am a junior at the University of Oklahoma and I’m majoring in Public Relations!
Emily Parker

Oklahoma '19

Hi my name is Emily Parker and I am a senior at the Univeristy of Oklahoma! I am from Tucson, Arizona and I am majoring in Business Marketing and minoring in Art. After graduation I would like to travel abroad and pursue a career in fashion marketing!