party champagne confetti gold new years
Molly Longest / Her Campus
Wellness

My “New” Way to Handle My New Year’s Resolutions

I have never been the biggest fan of new year’s resolutions because I always know that they are

never going to stick. Whether it’s to stay healthier or to become more productive, I always end

up setting goals too broad and too impractical to last me the entire year. So, for the past couple

years, I avoided setting resolutions, but this year I wanted to try something different. I wanted

this year to be one where I accomplished things that I have been wanting to for a while but

didn’t want to stress myself out with setting one or two huge and nonspecific goals for the

entire year. So, I decided to approach it month by month.

Before 2020 started, I started making a list of things I wanted to accomplish in the new year,

but instead of making them broad, I made a list of specific things. Things like establish a steady

skincare routine and start going to therapy. Then, after I had 6 specific goals, I assigned each

goal to a month. So, for January, I made my goal to establish a steady skin care routine. For

February, I made it my goal to go to the gym five times a week, and so on and so forth. As the

year goes one, I’ll maybe add more goals to my list or just try to make sure I am accomplishing

my monthly goals and making them habits. I’ll let you know how things go at the end of the

year, but so far, things are going pretty well, and I am sticking to my resolutions more than ever

before!

public health major at the university of oklahoma lover of iced coffee, fashion, writing, and netflix