party champagne confetti gold new years
party champagne confetti gold new years
Molly Longest / Her Campus
Wellness

My “New” Way to Handle My New Year’s Resolutions

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oklahoma chapter.

I have never been the biggest fan of new year’s resolutions because I always know that they are

never going to stick. Whether it’s to stay healthier or to become more productive, I always end

up setting goals too broad and too impractical to last me the entire year. So, for the past couple

years, I avoided setting resolutions, but this year I wanted to try something different. I wanted

this year to be one where I accomplished things that I have been wanting to for a while but

didn’t want to stress myself out with setting one or two huge and nonspecific goals for the

entire year. So, I decided to approach it month by month.

Before 2020 started, I started making a list of things I wanted to accomplish in the new year,

but instead of making them broad, I made a list of specific things. Things like establish a steady

skincare routine and start going to therapy. Then, after I had 6 specific goals, I assigned each

goal to a month. So, for January, I made my goal to establish a steady skin care routine. For

February, I made it my goal to go to the gym five times a week, and so on and so forth. As the

year goes one, I’ll maybe add more goals to my list or just try to make sure I am accomplishing

my monthly goals and making them habits. I’ll let you know how things go at the end of the

year, but so far, things are going pretty well, and I am sticking to my resolutions more than ever

before!

Addison Kliewer

Oklahoma '20

Journalism senior at the University of Oklahoma. Lover of all things pumpkin, coffee, books, new friends and expressing opinions through subpar writing.