This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oklahoma chapter.

Photo by rawpixel on Unsplash

Taking care of your skin is important for multiple reasons. Half of this process is committing yourself to a routine, but the other is finding the right products for you and your skin. Here are six products that I have used and loved!

1. Biore Deep Charcoal Cleanser

I use this face wash at night to take off my makeup, and I love it! It really makes your skin feel clean, especially since charcoal draws bacteria and dirt to the surface of your skin.

Find it at Target ($5.99 for 6.7 oz) or Ulta ($7.99 for 6.7 oz).

2. Son & Park Beauty Water

I first started using this product after I received a sample in my Ipsy bag. It cleanses, tones and hydrates your skin (plus it smells amazing). This product does a lot of heavy-lifting, and it really works. The first time I used it, I was amazed at how much product came off of my face after I had already washed it!

Find it at Sephora ($30.00 for 11.49 oz) or on Amazon (same price, Prime certified).

Note: If you are looking for a toner that is a little less expensive (and what college student isn’t), then the cult-favorite  Thayer’s Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner (Amazon – $9.28 for 12 oz) is always a good choice.

3. CeraVe Renewing SA Cream

My dermatologist first recommended this product to me, and it is definitely my favorite lotion of all time. I use it on my arms and face all year, but it is especially nice in the winter. It is super thick and moisturizing, but I also love how the salicylic acid works to reduce bumps.

Find it on Amazon ($16.19 for 12 oz – Prime certified) or at Target (same price).

Note: Don’t need or don’t want salicylic acid? CeraVe also has just a pure moisturizing formula without it. (Target – $8.79 for 12 oz).

4. Feeling Beautiful 4-in-1 Apple Cider Vinegar Foaming Clay Mask

I absolutely love this mask, and I use it whenever my skin needs a reset. The apple cider vinegar in the mask works to tone the skin, and you can even use the mask as a face wash. Plus, the mask is pink and smells delicious.

Find it at Ulta ($4.29 for 6 oz).

5. Dr. G Brightening Peeling Gel

This product builds on the popularity of Korean beauty trends. While a little gross in a fun way, this product works by rubbing off the dead skin on your face. It is really helpful to fight blackheads, but the difference after using this product is huge.

Find it on Amazon ($12.90 for 4.2 oz).

6. Microfiber Washcloths

While washcloths are not typically examined as skincare products, these towels really work. Like the name brand MakeupEraser, specifically microfiber washcloths do an amazing job at taking off makeup. These are also way softer than regular washcloths, so they will not irritate your skin. No joke, these will ruin regular washcloths for you.

Find them on Amazon (assorted colors, numbers, and prices).

Hailey Welch

Oklahoma '21

Hailey Welch is majoring in Chemical Biosciences with a final goal of studying the brain. While loving science, she also appreciates the need for creative development and self expression. Her hobbies include trying new foods, talking to her mom on the phone, looking at squirrel videos on Instagram, and getting distracted by HerCampus articles.
Emily Parker

Oklahoma '19

Hi my name is Emily Parker and I am a senior at the Univeristy of Oklahoma! I am from Tucson, Arizona and I am majoring in Business Marketing and minoring in Art. After graduation I would like to travel abroad and pursue a career in fashion marketing!